VP of Finance
Provide leadership and coordination of company financial planning, debt financing, and budget management functions and ensure company financial reporting, accounting procedures and tax status conform to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Key factors for role
- Direct and coordinate financial planning and budget management functions
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate to the CFO monthly operating results against budget
- Oversee daily operations of the finance and accounting department
- Establish Finance Department policies and ensure operating compliance
- Manage the preparation of all financial reports
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations, product investment decisions and other strategic business discussions
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements
- Work with department managers to develop five-year business plans
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Serve as primary government liaison relative to financial issues
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Management responsibilities for Controller and other employees of finance department
- Recommend and implement IT resources for the Finance Department
- Represent the company externally to government agencies, auditors, and the general public
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff
- Provide accounting policy orientation for new Finance staff
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Masters Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years experience in a mid to senior level finance or accounting position, and a CPA (preferred)
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
For more information, please contact Careers@EntasisTx.com