Reporting to the Controller, you will be responsible for driving the monthly close process including the reconciliation of our more complex R&D related accounts. This role will interact with all levels of staff, as well as outside service providers. Experience working within a fast-paced, high growth biotech finance group is required. Preference will be given to candidates having previous experience with clinical and manufacturing stage biotech companies.
- Prepare accurate monthly closing entries, reconciliations and financial statements within the established schedule.
- Work closely with the Research & Development team to identify and record accurate clinical trial and manufacturing related accruals on a monthly basis.
- Prepare intercompany transactions and company consolidations.
- Conduct regular general ledger maintenance.
- Assist with annual audits and SOX compliance.
- Interface with third party service providers as needed (tax provision, returns, technical issues).
- Support efforts to identify and implement a new ERP system.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting required (CPA preferred)
- 5+ years of general accounting experience
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) documentation and requirements
- Broad knowledge of accounting principles including GAAP
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and expertise with ERP systems
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
For more information please contact Careers@EntasisTx.com